Sunday, July 12, 2009

Shabby Chic

I have had this idea in my head for some time. Isn't it just beautiful. I knew that it was very wide and not for just any old card, that it would be a special card that could take this ribbon. When I saw that the challenge was to use button and bows....I knew exactly what ribbon I was going to use. I think this card turned out to be so special. Nothing like I have seen anywhere. So, here's the construction. Designers papers (Nouveau Chic) stamp (Friends 24-7, embossed with gold glitter embossing powder) and hardware are from Stampin'Up (of which I have just become a demonstrator YEA!). Card is 8.5 x 11 folded in half (I covered the front and inside with the SU designer paper). Then about a inch and a half taken out of the upper third. I sliced that portion out with a deckle edge cutter. I attached the hardware to the top and bottom sections of the card on the edges in a way that connects the two pieces of the card together. I used a very tacky glue and had to let it dry for about and hour. Then I threaded the ribbon through and tied it in a huge bow and added buttons as an accent. Friends is a rub-on. I think it looks very shabby chic.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Very lovely, indeed! Ribbon is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choice of ribbon and colors! Thank you so much for joining this week's challenge!

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card . Love the colours you've used and the huge bow. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete