Sunday, October 18, 2009

Altered Candles

I had a fun day on Saturday, just playing with Ideas I had seen on YouTube. I'm not sure exactly who inspired me, but there are several who have videos. I recycled some old candles, I thought this was a good way to give them a facelift. I used the Fresh Cuts Stamps Set (IBC #111634, p.107, $21.95) and Always Artichoke (IBC #105243, p.157, $7,50). I stamped the images on tissue paper. On the larger round candle I wadded up the tissue paper and then stampsed my image. In the closeup you can see the the texture it gave. On the smaller, taller candle I added a littl gold galaxy glitter with my 2 way glue. Then I put the tissue paper in place on the candle and held in it place with a piece of wax paper long enough to wrap around to the back and create a place to hold on to. I used my heat gun to melt the stampsed tissue paper into the candle. This idea will make great hostess gifts for my upcoming workshops and so easy to demonstrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment